The Poconos - Pike County, Pennsylvania
Hot Water Heater Failures - Repeatedly
Homeowner contacted us after the sixth unit was installed in 10 years.
1. Repeated failure of water heating systems with some piping corrosion.
2. The water had a metallic / bitter taste.
To do your own Level 1 Observational Test check out our Self Test Web App.
1. Field checked the water quality: pH 5.35, Conductivity 90 µS/cm, Total Dissolved Solids 50 mg/L, Alkalinity 10 mg/L, T. Hardness 35 mg/L
2. Calculated a Corrosion Index - (- 4.10) - Very Corrosive
3. Nuisance Bacteria - Elevated - Slime Forming Bacteria
4. These conditions can immediately invalidate the warranty on a water heater.
Activities in the area: urban landscapes, pipeline work, stormwater systems, and septic systems. Geology - sandstone and siltstones with no limestone.
To find out activity in your area, order a Neighborhood Environmental Report.
1. Shock-Disinfected and purged the well.
2. Retested the water and recommended the installation of a Neutralizing System to reduce the corrosion potential for the water.
3. Homeowner hired a contractor to install a Neutralizing System.
Water Quality Good - No more corrosion problems.