This section explores a number of the different types of Water Treatment Systems and methods to treat your drinking water. Before installing any water treatment system, it is critical to take the following steps:
- 1 | Compile the information about your system and source of the water, such as whether it is City Water, Well Water, a Public Water Supply, a Private Water System, Spring Water, or Surface Water. If you are on a public water supply, get a copy of the Consumer Confidence Report for your drinking water source.
- 2 | Document any aesthetic problems or other observations and consider running a Level 1 Test using our Drinking Water Diagnostic Tool.
- 4 | Consult an expert (To find a local water expert, Contact the KnowYourH2O team)
- 5 | If possible, get three bids from contractors who are licensed, certified, and trained.
- 6 | Bids for water treatment systems should include post-installation confirmation testing by an unbiased third party and a maintenance agreement and warranty with some type of annual assessment and follow-up performance testing.
- 7| Check bids to make sure the equipment is certified and installers are licensed and insured.
Below are a list of common Water Treatment Systems: